Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Terrible Treats Tuesday

Last week Alison posted about the Poltergeist cake that the famous Ace of Cakes made. It got me thinking about what other Halloween cakes were out there. To say the least, I came across some good ones, and some pretty bad ones

Here's the Good:

I like cute Halloween cakes and I think these guys are adorable.


Martha does it again. I can't imagine how long this takes to make.

A woman made this cake for her son.
It was her first time using fondant. I think she did a great job.

Love the red filling!!

This is a B-day cake, but I like macabre color combo. So bleak.

Funny, cute, and enough cake for everyone.

I love all the fine details in this cake.
The fence, cobblestone, and the moon.
This one is my favorite. So amazing!

Now for the BAD:

I had a hard time deciding whether this cake was good or bad,
cuz it is so fucking awesome!!

This is what happens when TwiHards(teenage Twilight fans)
try to make cakes.

Yes, this is a cake. Yes, it is gross.

Looks like someone got carried away with cake accessories. Fail.

If I tried to make a Skull Cake, it would turn out like this.
I'm sure this was delicious, but seriously,
the rice krispy treats look like barf.

Impressive, but tacky. I also find myself asking, Why?
No Comment.

2 comments:

  1. All of these good cakes are going to be my wedding cakes. Especially the wonderful red day of the dead cake or the Martha Stewart haunted house cake. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake your mom made is amazing!

    ReplyDelete