Friday, October 23, 2009

Freaky Fashion Friday: More vintage costumes

I know I have already shared a number of old vintage costumes but I came across the most amazing Halloween book the other night. Dressed for Thrills: 100 Years of Halloween Costumes & Masquerade by Phyllis Galembo is a great visual catalog of a variety of vintage costumes, some dating all the way back to the 1800's. Here are a few excerpts from the book:


I want this mask. It reminds me of a B-52's skeleton.
What a great Big Bad Wolf costume. The mask is painted buckram.

This beatnik costume is right up there in weirdness with the Hippie mask I found a couple weeks ago.

I love how simple this bat mask is.

This is more of a masquerade gown. My favorite part are the hearts hanging from ribbon.

Who would want to be this?

No comments:

Post a Comment